About MAFCU


Our History in the Community

One Federal Credit Union formerly Meadville Area Federal Credit Union was founded in 1949 for American Viscose Employees. Originally, our name was Viscose Employees Federal Credit Union.  Due to ownership changes, the name was changed to FMC Employees Federal Credit Union, then Avtex Employees Federal Credit Union, and finally was changed to Meadville Area Federal Credit Union.

One Federal Credit Union formerly Meadville Area Federal Credit Union has merged with other area credit unions, the last being E.M.F.C FCU and Northwestern PA Federal Credit Union.  We now have assets of over 75 million, and more than 11,000 members, and we continue to grow larger everyday.  We also have been granted a Community Charter, which enables us to serve all those who live, work, worship, volunteer or attend school in Crawford County, Pennsylvania.  We also have more than 300 Community Partners including the employees of Meadville Medical Center, Allegheny College, all of the school districts in Western Crawford County, Channellock and many others.